2018 Grace Foley Scholarship Recipient:
Grace Foley Scholarship
School Year 2021-2022
Application Due: April 15, 2022
Announcements: May 1, 2022
Thank you for applying to the distinguished Grace Foley Scholarship.
The Avalon Park Foundation is a 501c3 organization dedicated to encourage friends and neighbors to take part in positively influencing our community through service. This Scholarship is dedicated to Mary Grace Foley who was a student at Timber Creek High School.
Ø The Grace Foley Scholarship is a competitive scholarship for graduating seniors from Timber Creek High School (TCHS) who excel in community service and exhibit leadership skills that sets you apart.
Ø Included is criteria for this application; Scholarship Eligibility, Essay Guidelines, Application Submission Guidelines, and the Review Committee Guide.
Ø In your essay, describe your volunteer experience and examples of how you stand out among your peers
Scholarship Eligibility and Essay Guidelines:
· Student must attend, within one year, a College or University.
· Applicants must have intent at pursuing an undergraduate degree on a full-time basis.
· Scholarship is non-renewable.
· Student must have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 grading scale.
· Student must live in East Orange County.
· Student must be registered at Timber Creek High School.
· Student must graduate Timber Creek High School by the end of the school year.
· Submit two (2) letters of recommendation:
1. TC Instructor or Administrator.
2. Volunteer experience related to your application.
· Awards are selected in May of the designated academic school year.
· Applicants must submit a typed essay with a maximum of 500 words.
· Applications that fail to meet the requirements or are incomplete will not be reviewed.
· Scholarship winners may be asked to provide additional information.
· Emails will be sent to all students who submit a complete application letting them know if they have or have not been selected for an award.
· Awards will be notified prior to Senior Graduation from Timber Creek High School.
· Awards will be mailed to the designated school (College or University) of choice under the Award Winner’s name and applied to applicable account.
· Up to $5,000 will be awarded to the selected winners. Amount awarded subject to qualifications and eligibility.
· Must be willing to be photographed and sign a waiver for media relations.
Application Submission Guide:
A. Submit to: email@example.com
B. Email Subject:
1. “Your Name” - CBSA
C. Email information:
1. Legal first and last name
4. Expected graduation year from Timber Creek High School
5. Name of your expected College/University
6. Parent/Guardian name
7. Parent/Guardian phone number
8. Timber Creek High School Instructor / Administrator name as an academic and community activities reference
9. Timber Creek High School Instructor / Administrator contact number
10. Timber Creek High School Instructor / Administrator email
D. Essay (Attachment to email)
· Word Document – 500 words maximum.
· The essay title must include your legal name.
Review Committee Guide:
· Application – instructions were followed and submitted before deadline.
· Essay is written with a maximum of 500 words.
· Essay is well written and provides insight to their volunteer service and leadership, and how they stand out in the Timber Creek High School student body.
· Provides how their service to the community sets them apart from their peers