2018 Grace Foley Scholarship Recipient:
Grace Foley Scholarship
School Year 2020-2021
Application Due: April 16, 2021
Announcements: May 1, 2021
Thank you for applying to the distinguished Grace Foley Scholarship.
The Avalon Park Foundation is a 501c3 organization dedicated to encourage friends and neighbors to take part in positively influencing our community through service.
Ø The Grace Foley Scholarship is a competitive scholarship for graduating seniors from Timber Creek High School (TCHS) who excel in community building and service leadership. This scholarship is dedicated to Mary Grace Foley who was a student at TCHS.
Ø Below you will find the criteria for this application that include Scholarship Eligibility, Application Guidelines, Essay Instructions, and Submitting the Application.
· Student must attend, within one year, a College or University.
· Applicants must have intent at pursuing an undergraduate degree on a full-time basis.
· Scholarship is non-renewable.
· Student must have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 grading scale.
· Student must live in East Orange County.
· Student must attend Timber Creek High School.
· Student must graduate Timber Creek High School by the end of the school year.
· TC Instructor or Administrator letter of recommendation.
Scholarship Application Guidelines
· Awards are selected in May of the designated academic school year.
· Applications must include a Timber Creek High School Instructor or Administrator as proof of eligibility as a reference.
· Applicants must submit a typed essay with a maximum of 500 words.
· Applications that fail to meet the requirements or are incomplete will not be reviewed.
· Scholarship winners may be asked to provide additional information.
· Emails will be sent to all students who submit a complete application letting them know if they have or have not been selected for an award.
· Awards will be notified prior to Senior Graduation from Timber Creek High School.
· Awards will be mailed to the designated school (College or University) of choice under the Award Winner’s name and applied to applicable account.
· A maximum of five (5), one thousand ($1,000) dollar awards will be awarded to the selected winners.
· Must be willing to be photographed and sign a waiver for media relations.
· Applications are available at the Timber Creek High School Guidance Counselors office.
Submitting the application:
Please return/email the application and include the following information to:
Subject: “Your Name” - CBSA
A. (In the body of the email)
1. Legal first and last name
4. Expected graduation year from Timber Creek High School
5. Name of your expected College/University
6. Parent/Guardian name
7. Parent/Guardian phone number
8. Timber Creek High School Instructor / Administrator name as an academic and community activities reference
9. Timber Creek High School Instructor / Administrator contact number
10. Timber Creek High School Instructor / Administrator email
B. (Email Attachment)
1. Essay Theme: Perseverance
· Word Document – 500 words maximum.
· The essay title must include your legal name.
· Please describe your most meaningful volunteer experience and how you stand out in the Timber Creek High School student body as a high achiever and what about your service to the community sets you apart from the rest.
C. Review Committee
· Application – instructions were followed and submitted before deadline.
· Essay is written with a maximum of 500 words.
· Essay is well written and provides insight to the most meaningful volunteer experience.
· Candidate provides insight as to how they stand out in the TCHS student body.
· Provides how their service to the community sets them apart from others.